Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 19:38:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automatically supplying input during a build

 * I'm working on updating one of my ports and have run into a snag.  The
 * author has decided to hard code the path to pgp and is detecting it at
 * build time.  The problem is that he's also prompting for a
 * confirmation that the search process has found the right path.
 *
 * I could just use IS_INTERACTIVE, but I don't think the question is
 * that big a deal.  Is there a way to automate answering that question,
 * or should I just patch the building script to avoid asking it?

Well, you can pipe "yes" to the configure script but please be very,
very careful about it so it won't get into an infinite loop when it
asks some other questions.  Personally I think you should just patch
the script.

Satoshi