Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 09:02:25 +1000
From:      Richard Jones <richard@a42.deep-thought.org>
To:        proff@suburbia.net
Subject:   interesting ehternet simulator

------- Forwarded Message

Date:	Tue, 1 Apr 1997 18:41:01 +0200
To:	linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu
From:	jose.nunez@mad.servicom.es
Subject: Multi-Ethernet-simulator driver
Sender: owner-linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu

Hi!

  First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list to post
this message in, if it isn't just delete and I apologize.

  I've been working on a Ethernet-simulator driver. It 'creates' 8 ethernet
devices which are connected two by two.

  Each of the devices of each pair can send and receive packets from the
other one. It also 'loses' packets from time to time.

  Transmission and reception statistics are always updated and it also keeps
track of the 'lost' packages.

  The idea behind this driver is to develop some routing and similar
practices in university laboratories using only one machine; as not everyone
can afford having 4 machines and a router for each student.

  If anyone wants to test this driver or thinks he might find it useful,
drop me a line and I'll send you a copy.

  Please note that I'm just a student and both my networking & kernel
knowledge are quite limited.

  JLN

           Jose-Luis Nunez
        <jln@dat.etsit.upm.es>