Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 13:06:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        rlyon@ozemail.com.au (Richard Lyon)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP glitches

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Richard Lyon wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Robert Nordier wrote:
>

> > Do you -- or does anyone -- happen to know the exact setup to use with
> > iij-ppp where addresses on both side are dynamically assigned? (This must
> > be quite common, I would have thought.)
> > . . . . .
>
> Dynamic addressing on both end ??? I though the source (you) could be dynamic
> but it is usual to set the destination with a fixed address.
>
> Having both ends dynamic would be useful. This would allow you to connect to
> a number of different destinations.

Actually it just seems to be causing complications at the moment. :-)

Trouble is, I don't have any say in the matter. Four times out of five,
I get connected to one address (196...), but sometimes 192.... comes up
instead, to keep things interesting.

I've even tried holding out for just one of the two, using 196.../24, but
they don't seem interested in negotiating.

It's the same dial-in number, I suppose it just depends which machine gets
to the phone first.

Regards

--
Robert Nordier