Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:31:56 -0500
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+fbsddoc@pelleg.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   no "download" on front page

Ok, this may seem dumb, but - the main web page doesn't say "download"
anywhere. Just "Getting FreeBSD", and then you have to follow another
link. And even then, the list is quite long.

I just noticed this, after seeing a "where to download?" post to
questions@, and remembering it's not the first one. Apparently it's not
that easy to find.

So I suggest adding an accelerator from the main page to the FTP mirror
page, which says simply "download".

It would be even better if someone could think of a way to help a user
choose the right mirror, so we don't just show an enormous list.

--

  Dan Pelleg