Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:00:40 GMT
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/91213: pkg-config ignores autotools normal .pc directories

The following reply was made to PR ports/91213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, anholt@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/91213: pkg-config ignores autotools normal .pc
	directories
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:55:01 -0500

 --=-PzgejjSdaxiCsmAWNkdp

 I didn't see a response to the question about setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH in
 the environment.  Would that not be sufficient for your needs, Eric?
 The reason I'm hesitant to put this patch in is that there are some
 normal users out there that may be bitten when they install a piece of
 software outside the ports tree, then forget that those old .pc files
 are still under lib/pkgconfig.

 The PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable seems like the way to go in
 this case, but if you really want our pkgconfig to understand the
 standard paths by default, I would entertain a non-default patch that
 would enable searching of those directories based on a define make
 macro.

 Joe

 --=20
 Joe Marcus Clarke