Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:59:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@at12.de>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: only getting as far as "Ppp" with user ppp over raw B channel

Hi Brian,

> >  [...Paul had problems with ppp hanging in authentification mode...]
> >
> ``Ppp'' means that authentication hasn't yet completed.  This is
> because you've got ``enable pap'' in your config - insisting that
> your ISP authenticates themselves.
>
> Remove the ``enable pap'' and everything should work ok.

Yup, that did it.  I got tripped up on the enable vs. accept and
disable vs. deny difference.  I somehow just didn't connect the idea
with something like DO vs. WILL and DON't vs. WON'T, like in telnet
negotiation.

Anyway, now I know, it makes perfect sense, and I'll never forget it
again.  I might be slow, but I only have to learn once.  :)

Thanks Brian!
-Paul.