Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2012 05:22:46 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Jerry Toung <jrytoung@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CAM disk I/O starvation

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:27:43 -0700 Jerry Toung <jrytoung@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/3/12, Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting to see your patch.  I always run HEAD but
> > maybe I could use it as a base for my own mods/tests.
> >

> Here is the patch

This looks fair if all your disks are working at the same time (e.g.
RAID only setup), but if you have a setup where you have multiple
disks and only one is doing something, you limit the amount of tags
which can be used. No idea what kind of performance impact this would
have.

What about the case where you have more disks than tags?

I also noticed that you do a strncmp for "da". What about
"ada" (available in 9 and 10), I would assume it suffers from the same
problem.

Bye,
Alexander.