Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 06:12:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any reason we can't enable the bus mouse by default?

> If Ctk didn't represent such an inferior curses interface today, I'd
> even use it for the install (hint to the Ctk dudes: Tk was the wrong
> standard to track - it's waaaaay too X-centric!

Ctk doesn't have the PC-character-graphics flash of the install tools,
but you can't just take a tk script and expect it to look good on ctk.
The idea isn't to be able to run Tk on a terminal, but to run ctk on X.

> Please start over
> with an approach that papers over the details of both rather than
> trying to shove a size 6 foot into a size 12 shoe!).

No, the last thing we need is yet another incompatible X extension to
Tcl (there only what, four of them now?). What we need is to work on
the bindings of ctk (which are obscure at best)...

Remember, ctk is at release 0.9. Now is the time to send in your ideas.