Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:09:20 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Has Lynx Changed In 4.5?  Bug?

Drew: I have not upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 yet, but since yesterday at about
4:30pm (Central Time) until this morning, I had the same problem. No
changes to my system at all. My IP would mysteriously change to IP that
belonged to other domains. I would have to go and manually insert and
update the record at ZoneEdit and it would be okay for a little while and
change again. It seemed to relate to whenever my cron job pinged to check
the record....

Has been okay for several hours now. Is your still doing it....?

ZoneEdit didn't seem to know what I was talking about since everytime they
would look, it would have been fixed my me....

At 10:55 AM 2.1.2002 -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>I use ZoneEdit as the nameserver for my domain.  My IP address is
>dynamic so it changes occasionally.  I have used lynx to update
>ZoneEdit for the past year or so and it has worked flawlessly.  I just
>send this command (my mailer will surely wrap the line):
>
>lynx -source -auth=mylogin:mypass
>'http://dynamic.zoneedit.co/auth/dynamic.html?host=www.mykitchentable.
>net'
>
>After upgrading my 4.4 to 4.5 two days ago, there has been 2 times
>that lynx has sent the wrong IP address to ZoneEdit.  I'm sure it's
>lynx as my logfile indicates the incorrect address.  However most of
>the time it sends the right address.
>
>Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Drew

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"