Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:17:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>, FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: what is devfs?

Can everybody please remember that the argument about whether persistence
is good, or the devil's invention, has already been totally beaten to
death, and it's in the mail archives.

Most of you have been working towards defining an acceptable compromise,
but if your post gives your opinion about persistence, please save it,
you're doing us no service!  We don't need more heat on the question, we
need a path to solution.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)