Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:10:32 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Replacing jabber-transport with jabber-1.4

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 09:22:56AM -0500, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> > I've almost finished porting net/jabber-1.4 to FreeBSD.  Once finished
> > I'll commit it, and the associated upgrades to libjabber, etc.
> >
> > The problem is that these upgrades are incompatible with the much older
> > version of jabber, back when it was called jabber-transport.  Is it OK
> > for me to delete the jabber-transport port at the same time or is there
> > a proceedure for this?
>=20
> >From the sound of it, a repo copy would be in order.

Maybe, but I'm not sure.  There have been several releases of
jabber since the original jabber-transport.  The daemon's changed
names, the configuration's changed.  In fact it's a different program
from the original system.  We can repo-copy, but most things will
change so IMO I don't see the value in it.

Joe

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX--