Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:19:00 +0000
From:      Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Where does named dump statistics?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:46:02PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> That's where I looked first, but there is no such file.
>
> I tried it again, and this time it did appear to dump something, but in
> /etc/namedb, not /var/tmp (in conflict with the man page documentation).  I
> don't know why it wasn't dumping anything before.

I believe it gets dumped in whichever directory you have mentioned in the
directory statement in named.conf.
In my case :
setantae@rhadamanth setantae$ grep directory /etc/namedb/etc/named.conf
        directory "/";

(which is actually /etc/namedb since I run named chroot'ed to /etc/namedb).

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on