Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:31:20 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Multimedia List <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netscape audio set up question

Stan Brown wrote:

>         I am trying to set up Netscape to be able to handle as many types of
>         files as possible. One of the remaining types is midi.

(stuff deleted)

>         can anyone tell me why this doesn't work? I still get the file download
>         window, when I go to a location containing a .mid file.
>
> --

I have had the same problem, but only with 3.01 Gold. I had 3.0 working
with the same config files that don't work with 3.01 Gold.

I don't think it's your config stuff. I think it's time to fire off an
e-mail to netscape.

BTW, Sox can be used to convert various file types to au file type and
piped directly by /dev/audio.

-Jim Durham