Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:44:15 -0600
From:      "Jim King" <jim@jimking.net>
To:        "Roelof Osinga" <roelof@nisser.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3Ware rocks

"Roelof Osinga" <roelof@nisser.com> wrote:

> Jim King wrote:
> >
> > Just setup my first box with a 3Ware controller.  The Feb. 9 snapshot
> > installed and ran like a champ - absolutely nothing special required to
use
> > the 3Ware volume.  Kudos to Mike Smith for the great work!
>
> That reminds me. I had cause to talk with the german distributor
> recently and a support technician over there said that FreeBSD was
> the way to go (<g>) if only because some linux utility was ported
> to it.
>
> Since my email came careening back might as well ask here. Anyone
> know what util that might be and where it's hidden?

You're probably referring to the web-based management tool - it can send you
e-mail notifications of array events, and you can configure and check the
status of the array from a web browser.  The FreeBSD version is currently
listed as a beta release; I think it's supposed to be released for real
sometime next month.  You can download the beta from Mike Smith's web page:
http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/

Jim