Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 06:30:16 -0500
From:      "Joseph E. Royce" <joe@freyr.cba.ualr.edu>
To:        Antonis Proimadis <antonisp@fnmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error Compiling a kernel.

Please cc back to list because I may not know the answer.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 01:38:32PM +0300, Antonis Proimadis wrote:
> different sections "I dlePTD" {.data section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section}
> at
> file address 1554. /tmp/ccJu4105.s:2465: Error: Subtraction of two symbols
> in
> different sections "I dlePTD" {.data section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section}
> at
> file address 1577. /tmp/ccJu4105.s:2468: Error: Subtraction of two symbols
> in
> different sections "I dlePTD" {.data section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section}
> at
> file address 1596. *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> Could you tell me what is wrong?
> Thank you
>
> Antonis

Well, it depends if you updated your sources or not. If you did
then you need to buildworld before you buildkernel. The  instructions
to do this is in /usr/src/UPDATING.

If you did not update your sources then you can do it the old way:

cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
config yourkernelfile
cd ../../compile/yourkernelfile
make depend