Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 09:53:17 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current@freebsd.org, gpalmer@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linker sets & structures for networking code

In message <199604021127.VAA11042@godzilla.zeta.org.au> you write:
>The correct fix isn't obvious.

In the IP case, I believe that the correct fix is to replace the *_output
pointers with 0's.  I don't think that any of the IP stuff uses the
pr_output pointer at all.

(I have a kernel with this fix that I haven't booted to test yet.)

>>I can't see how raw_input ever gets call via the localsw
>>array. (Infact there are several examples of `raw_input' being called
>>which bypasses localsw totally). So why on earth is it there?!?

Good question.  It probably doesn't belong there either.

(Have you grep'd for pr_input?)

  Bill