Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2006 02:09:10 +0400
From:      Nikita Staroverov <forth@fss.polarnet.ru>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: In-Kernel NAT

> latest release is available here:
>
> http://wikitest.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/PaoloPisati
>
> and adds lsnat, redirect and dynamic address support via if name.
>
> Right now i stopped working on it due to lack of people
> testing it, and there's little point in adding more
> and more fatures when the previous chunck of code
> was not even tested on SMP and !i386.
> Simply, if you want to see it merged in HEAD start using
> it and report back any issues you find: once the code has
> received greater exposure, finding a brave soul to
> import it will be easier IMO.
>
> bye

It's very good news, Paolo. Many users(i talk about russian freebsd users)
want to use in-kernel-nat, but simply not know that it almost done and
waiting for testers. I'll test it on one of my servers(6.1-prerelease i386
with SMP), and i try to find more testers too.

And i have another question: when i do "redirect_port" option with natd in
this configuration:
natd -s -m -a 213.142.X.X -redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:22 22
and with this ipfw rules:
divert natd all from any to any
allow all from any to any

I see that connections redirects to 192.168.0.2, but with source address
192.168.0.1(machine's with natd internal address). What i do wrong? I think
that source address must be "real" as when i use ipfilter+ipnat.

P.S Sorry for my english, i have not  time to learn it better. :confuse:.