Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2011 02:09:18 -0800
From:      Carl <k0802647@telus.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/154228: [md] md getting stuck in wdrain state

On 2011-01-24 12:43 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
> I think you misunderstand the situation. I'm not wielding anything as a
> club. I'm merely pointing out that what you seem to be insisting WE do
> to help you may be beyond what we are willing or able to do.

I think you'll find I wasn't insisting on anything, although I will
confess that seeing the near instantaneous flip from bug report state
"open" to "feedback" accompanied by a "you debug it, end user" is a wee
bit discouraging when one has already done what seemed possible.

> Meanwhile, you have a developer who is willing to spend his
> time, effort, and energy; free of charge; to assist you.

I do appreciate that, Doug :-)  I wish I had a copy of that production
system so I could take advantage. From the reports I've found, this
particular bug has been present in FreeBSD versions going back at least
to 5.0. I've seen it myself back in 7.0 as well. The md device does not
appear to me to be safe to use for file-backed memory devices.

Carl                                              / K0802647