Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 09:50:54 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "New Star Service Company" <nestar@globalctg.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: newbie home user have few question kindly help.

}-----Original Message-----
}From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of New Star
}Service Company
}Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 9:00 AM
}To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}Subject: newbie home user have few question kindly help.
}
}Number: 1 #
}Installation period I fillup "Network Configuration" tools .
}and next FBSD give me a option that :-
}" PPP command is now started on VTY3 (type ALT-F3 to
}interact with it,
}ALT-F1 to switch back here. If you are using PAP or CHAP login simply
}enter "dial" otherwise you'll need to use the "term" command
}which starts
}terminal
}emulator which you can use to talk to your modem and dial the service
}provider.
}Once you're connected, come back to this screen and press return."
}
}I use "dial" command and connection is alright. After complete FBSD
}installation
}in / I use again "dial" command but  error: dial command not
}found. WHY ?
}Do I need to edit anything which "Network Configuration"
}tools not done ?
}Please help which command help me to dial the service
}provider from my
}/home/satyajit  ?
}
Answer #1: It's been so long since I've used dialup, I'll leave it for
someone else who's more sure of the ppp workings.

}Number 2 #
}
}I want to read all previous message which already asked and answer in
}question@freebsd.org
}where I find ?
}Maybe I find my other questions answer which also face other newbie.
}
Answer #2: http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists
There's a couple here... one for search engine for FAQ and Handbook,
and the other is for searching the mailing lists, a great source of
info.
-Otter