Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:30:32 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing boot block on alternate disk?

I'v managed to hose my FreeBSD STBALE machine up in more ways that I can
beilieve, trying to update it.

I have a second disk in the machine, and good Amanda backups, at this point
in time, I think the simplest thing to do is put it back the way it was
before the mangled update atemp, and go from there.

Here is my plab.

1. partition second disk to look just like the first one.
2. Mount eah partiton as /mnt/....
3. Restore everythign from Amanda backups.
4. Put boot blocks on secood disk, and reboot.

Does this make sense?

How can I put the boot blacks on the second disk?

Am I missing anything? For instance the kernels concept of a root disk?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin