Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:26:19 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: loader dictionary full on 3.4R picobsd ?

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > In what way is loader(8) deficient? I'd think all you need to know is
>
> i think it does not include the names to put in "load -t ...",
> is there any place i can find them ?

Ah, yes, that would be tricky. Loader has no special treatment for those
types. These are tags that get associated with whatever was loaded, and
can be treated in any way applications want. Perhaps a few examples
documenting the existing uses would be in order, but...

> > there... Anyway, check grog's work on PicoBSD. It uses bare-bones
>
> exactly -- there is everything, which assumes a bit of understanding

???

Check what grog did. His loader.rc has *TWO* lines, and no *.4th or
*.conf stuff.

> of what is going on in the loader. But, to be short, would it suffice
> to put the following in /boot/loader.rc
>
>         load /kernel
>         load -t userconfig_script /boot/kernel.conf
>         load -t <some_magic_keyword> /fs.PICOBSD
>         autoboot 5
>
> anything else ?

It can get shorter, even. :-)

--