Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 10:45:21 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Boyd R. Faulkner" <faulkner@asgard.bga.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SNAP over enthernet.

<<On Tue, 7 May 1996 00:18:31 -0459 (CDT), "Boyd R. Faulkner" <faulkner@asgard.bga.com> said:

> Does FreeBSD support SNAP (Sub-Network Access Protocol)?

No.  It used to support it for some other protocols.  It would be
trivial to add it back (most of the code is still there) and make it
contingent on the IFF_LINK0 flag for Ethernet interfaces.

Its use is generally discouraged by IP people.  So far as I know, IBM
is the only major vendor to implement it.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.