Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:38:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned ports problem reports

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> We have too many open pr :-)
>
> Especially the ports will become "old" before they are committing ... Is
> there something that can accelerate the commit procedure ?
> What an normal user can do to help in this process ?
> i.e. a deep testing , an install test and so on.. ?

I agree that this is a real problem.

The trouble, though, is that committers have to build and check PLISTs and
the sanity and basically spend as much time on the port as the submitter.

Different committers have different styles (I'm anal), but the only sure
way to check ports is to test/try them yourself, and that takes time.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -