Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:16:21 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Specifying a precedence order for wireless AP stations in rc.conf?

Hi rc folks,
    I use my Lenovo laptop at work and at home and it's kind of
annoying to have to do into rc.conf every time I go to work or go home
to comment out lines choosing an appropriate network for
ifconfig_wlan0 in rc.conf(5) to connect to the appropriate wireless
network. So I figured that I'm probably doing something wrong so I
should ask.
    The documentation for ifconfig_wlan* in the handbook [1] and the
rc.conf(5) manpage [2] for 8-STABLE don't suggest that connectivity
for multiple networks can be performed whereas multiple networks can
be specified in wpa_supplicant.conf. Is it at all possible to provide
a precedence list for what SSID networks to attempt to configure via
wpa_supplicant(8) by default, or are further enhancements required in
either wpa_supplicant(8) or rc.network to get this to function?
Thanks,
-Garrett

1. http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-wireless.html
2. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=rc.conf&sektion=5