Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:29:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        sdd@ccd.tas.gov.au (Scott Donovan)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B

In a previous message, Scott Donovan said:

>  I have 2.2.1-RELEASE installed and running (with adaptec driver patches)
> and I would like to run the Intel Enter Express in full duplex, is this a
> situation where the card and switch will auto sense ?? Or do I have to
> provide a flag with ifconfig or similar to select which mode I want on the
> network card?

It should auto-sense. At least it did for me. I have a 2.2.2 and a 2.1.7.1
machines into a BayStack and the FDx light comes right up.

I had some brief stats from ftp's on the links, but have thrown them out.
You won't get 10x the throughput, but it does go up.

Paul.

--
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working when you get up in
the morning and does not stop until you get to the office.  --Robert Frost