Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:06:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:35:41 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> >> I'm not looking for any firm dates.  When is it anticipated (best guess) that
> >
> >> 2.2.6-RELEASE will be out?  Will it be shipped on CDROM?
> >
> >Q1 98 and yes. :)
>
> Any hints on new features?
>
> I had never ran "stable" before until about 3 weeks ago so how does
> it differ going from Stable to a new release? How about if one was on

  The new release will just be copy of stable taken on a particular date.
You should notice very little difference, especially if you are running a
three week old copy of stable.  Of course, that is the whole point:  the
stable branch is not supposed to change.

> "current", would there be much of a difference (if any)? Before I got

  The difference between current and stable is huge.  Those huge changes
are, at this time, half good and half bad.  Once that changes, releases
will be made from the current branch, and stable will be retired.

> Any reason why we don't any have info on upcoming releases on the
> web?

  This begs the question:  why do we need info about upcoming releases on
the web?

Tom