Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:16:49 +0100
From:      Mikael Bak <mbak@inbox.lv>
To:        Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Follow a port of a specific major verion

Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 08/02/2011 10:33, Mikael Bak wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Paul Macdonald wrote:

>>> I'm pretty sure you can't do this, *unless* there's someone actually
>>> tracking  a seperate port on that version. ( i didn't check but it
>>> doesn't sound like it from your post).
>>>
> Aplogies, i'd misread your question, and there is a seperate branch in
> /usr/ports/mail/postfix27,
>
> I'm not sure how you'd fool the ports mgt tools in the way you want,
> would it not be easier just to deinstall the port and do a make install
> in postfix27?
> (others may know a 'better' way)

Hi Paul,

Yep, it seem like that's the way to go. I was just absolutely sure that
there is some better/faster/easier way than just remove the port and
reinstall it.

This *should* be a quite common case. It's is not always possible to
install the newest versions of a software.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Mikael