Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:41:38 +0000
From:      Simon Burke <simon.burke@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Swap partition not used?

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:22:23 -0600, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P.
<kdk@daleco.biz> wrote:
> Simon Burke wrote:
>

> >Hiya,
> >
> >After a while of using 5.3RELEASE, i have noticed a small problem, my
> >swap partition isnt getting used. Well its not a small problem
> >considering that i have only 256mb ram on this machine.
, finally).

> >I've tried using swapon -a to add it and it doesnt seem to have worked.
> >
> >Its also does not show in df -ha ,though i cant recall if it is
> >supposed to be there. Though i dont think it has to be mounted?
> >

> No, swap doesn't have a mount point, per se.
>
> Does swapinfo(8) give the same output as
> `swapctl -l` ?

I can not answer that question at the momment, as i have now got it
working by using 'swapon /dev/ad0s1b'. Which makes me think there is a
problem with my fstab, i'll take a look at it and see if thats the
problem.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,