Date:      05 Mar 2003 00:17:24 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Ken Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>, "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>, Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is XFree86 4.3.0 going to be in 4.8? -nt-

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 05:25, Ken Mays wrote:
> Would the FreeBSD team consider the benefits of integrating Xfree86 v4.3.x
> for v4.8?!? The upgrade that was done on the video drivers alone was worth
> it for me.

The release engineers have been considering allowing XFree86 4.3 in
4.8-RELEASE, but it needs widespread testing.  Anyone interested, please
apply the diffs at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/files.html
to your ports tree and install.

Besides basic problems I may have caused with the ports, oddities in
cursor handling would be particularly likely because of changes in 4.3.0
which were somewhat last-minute.  Some changes have been made in XFree86
CVS post-4.3.0 already, so if you report anything I may be able to track
down a fix.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org