Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:45:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Cory A. Wynn" <coryawynn@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rootvp

I am having trouble after I built my first kernel
based on the instructions provided in handbook.  It
keeps telling me that it could not mount rootvp and
prompts for manual root.  Then when I type in
/dev/ad0s1a it tells me there is no device.  Then
before it boots when it asks to press enter or hit
another key, it doesnt recognize any key pressed at
all and proceeds to boot.  Is that enough explanation
to provide any kind of help or troubleshooting?  Thanx
in advance if you can.

=====
"Eat from the tree of life and throw away the verbal ham"