Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:52:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        stanislav shalunov <shalunov@att.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sgmlfmt: producing text files

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, stanislav shalunov wrote:

> > From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
> >
> > On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, stanislav shalunov wrote:
>
> > You people are forgetting that man pages need to be available on the
> > base system, and the sgmlformat tools are way too large EVER to be
> > considered for the main system.  Sgmlformat is not a viable solution.
>
> Thank you for the flame.  You might have kept it to yourself, because
> nobody even mentioned including sgmlformat into the main system, or
> formatting man pages for that matter.  It would be nice it you had at
> least read the message you're replying to.
>
> Next time you have time to waste, why don't you save it for something
> more useful?

Read the above, it wasn't a flame, I was polite.  This post, and one
other, seemed to be discussing changing formatting from troff to TeX,
and included man pages, which have to be part of the main system, so I
don't think I was off target.

You seem to be too angry to talk to, so I won't reply again.

> --Stanislav

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |