Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:17:18 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        Bill Triplett <btt@nethouse.com>
Cc:        Jacques.Beigbeder@ens.fr, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 for Asus A7A266 (rev 1.11) + ATI ??

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:10:35 -0500
Bill Triplett <btt@nethouse.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 10:11:53AM -0500, Scott wrote:
> > At 15:56 2002/03/23 +0100, Jacques Beigbeder wrote:
> > >I desperately try to have a working XFree86 for:
> > >        Processor: Athlon
> > >        Motherboard: Asus A7A66-E rev. 1.11
>
> Mine says:
>
> ASUS A7A266 ACPI BIOS Revision 1002B
>
> http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp?l1=1&l2=10&l3=17&mid=2
>
> The changes added with 1009 are:
>
>    1. Add IDE ATA133 support.
>    2. Add ATI AGP display card patch to fix that the system
>       can not execute AGP cycle with ATI AGP display cards.
>
> I will see if I can figure out how to flash this thing to 1009. That
> is something I've never done. I will have to find a way to make a
> bootable DOS disk for the flash program.

Jaques wrote the fellow in charge of the problem report and got back a
patch that worked for him--as for me, in the interim, a misguided
install of NetBSD made it, err, necessary to reinstall--installing XFree
4.2 on the other box as I type--I will post the patch and its use if I
get it to work right. :)

Scott