Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:11:57 -0600
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux with a ports collection

I think I must be the only FreeBSD user in the world who has never
successfully installed a port.  (I use packages with pretty good success
though.)  That used to be one of my biggest complaints with FreeBSD in my
early days with it--broken packages that broke dependency chains in other
packages.  But they still worked better for me than ports.

Fortunately, packages seem to work pretty well nowadays, so I never have to
hear another port laughing at me with its cackling error messages any more. :-)

<< Chip Morton >>