Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 14:14:03 +0800
From:      chen jian <chenj@netra.nju.edu.cn>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   some questions

hi:

  I want to know something about freebsd's telnet.
  freebsd's telnet does not support 8-bit translate,unless you use
telnet -8
or set binary,is there a 8-bit telnet that for freebsd2.2.5?
  I hear that there is a software that named standalone telnetd,you can
use it
instead of the telnet in the inetd.conf file,I do not know where can
download
the freebsd version of it,could you be kind enough to tell me?