Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:53:26 -0400
From:      "Matthew R. Briggs" <mbriggs@switchboard.net>
To:        Geoffrey Robinson <geoffr@globalserve.net>
Cc:        Vadim Kolontsov <vadim@tversu.ru>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows SSH clients (was: Re: FreeBSD Security How-To (Was: QPopper exploit))

Geoffrey Robinson wrote:

> Vadim Kolontsov wrote:
> >
> > Presonally I like TeraTerm with ssh-extension: TTSSH
> >
> >         http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html
> >

> Any chance there is an SSH client for windowz out there than can do Secure
> Copy too or maby just a stand-alone SCP client? SSH doasn't really help
> anybody if M$ users have to log in over FTP.
>
> --
> Geoffrey Robinson
> geoffr@globalserve.net
> Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

Hi,
	I thought about this problem too (I'm on a Win95 machine at work,
behind a firewall, and I connect to my home with ssh).  The answer is to
do port redirection on the client side, so executing "ftp localhost"
actually gets you your remote server machine, and it goes across the
encrypted connection.  Cedomir Igaly's Windows SSH Client will do this,
although it has a few other rough edges.  It's free, but closed-source.
	Drop me a line if you want more details.

Matt Briggs
mbriggs@switchboard.net