Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:01:09 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql-gui-tools

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Benny Goemans
<benny.goemans@belgacom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that the mysql-gui-tools port has been removed. A few months ago
> I had found a way to fix the build (in fact, change one line in an include
> file somewhere) but was unsure if it would work with other mysql versions than
> the one I'm using.
> Is it possible to bring back the port so I can submit that change so that at
> least some people can use it again?

It doesn't look like the Porter's Handbook has a section on
re-animating dead ports.
But you could always submit it as a new port (with your fix included):
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

I guess that would also make you the new port maintainer.
HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen