Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:04:47 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux on TechTV September 2, 7pm EDT (Live)

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:59:16AM +0200, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> I'd suggest the demonstration of Linux emulation - for example, by showing a
> working Oracle installation or launching some Linux-only games.

We may launch StarOffice 6 this time.  Matt was working with the WineX
guys trying to get some Windows games to load (people have done it in
FreeBSD) but couldn't get them working.

> I'd also suggest talking about Java.

We're certainly going to talk about Java, and the new Java packages
are loaded on the machine, but I'd like to "show it off".  Any ideas
about Java apps that we can show off?

Something we want to do is use Konqueror & kmplayer to browse to
apple.com/trailers and watch teasers in browser.

> I'd also suggest talking about NVidia drivers.

Yes, we have an NVidia card in our box and have the drivers working
with hardware accel in X.

> I'd also... man, there are so many topics. Hope you can get enough TV time
> to show all those to the public.

We won't have anywhere near enough time.

   - Murray