Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2007 00:18:20 -0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building jdk15 in a jail -- __mb_cur_max Undefined Symbol

> On Mar 3, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to build jdk15 inside my jail with PREFIX set to /usr/
>> public  (At one time I successfully got jdk 1.4 to build after much
>> hacking)
>>
>> I have the option for builing inside a jail set.  We get to the
>> point where the linux java is installed and it is actually building
>> the jdk
>>
>> # Start of jdk build
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3: Undefined
>> symbol "__mb_cur_max"
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.
>> #
>>
>> I am not exactly sure what it is doing at this point in order to
>> hack round it.    libiconv a fresh install from ports
>>

> Turns out that the issue is that gmake cannot run.  I have not
> figured out why yet, having removed and reinstalled libiconv and
> gmake and getting the same error.  But it is not java related.
>
> I'll redirect this to -questions
>
> If anyone has an idea on why gmake would fail as above on a fresh
> install, 6.2-RELEASE from a day or two ago, I would appreciate it.
> Please CC me as I am not currently subscribed to -questions, though I
> am on -java

Not a direct answer to your question, but when I needed to do this
a few months ago, I just did a "make package" on my workstation, then
shipped the package up to the jail system and installed it with pkg_add.

Doesn't solve the problem, but if you're in a pinch, it's a handy
workaround.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com