Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 16:56:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Appropriate choice of ISDN device

An ISDN line is coming in (only a couple months after I placed the order!)
and I am still at sea about choice of devices.  Some questions follow:

1. Should I have posted to freebsd-isdn rather than questions?

2. Is a packaged EthernetHub/TA (or whatever it's called) cost/effective?

3. My ISP charges over $100/month for ISDN (single B channel) access,
  more of course if I try for 128Kbps.  And BellAtlantic charges
  $0.0016/minute (yes, they say 0.16 cents/min.) for B channel use.
  So is a TA with an analog port used with a cheap V.90 modem a
  good idea?  My $20/month covers email and personal webspace as
  well as modem access, V.90 included.  The ISP says no, they don't
  recognize DOSBS, which at least would be end-to-end digital.

4. Finally, is there an ISDN device which can mimic a V.90 modem
  as another way to avoid the excessive B-channel charges?

Thanks for (past) help on many subjects..TIA for this one :-}

        Chuck Bacon - crtb@capecod.net
		O civili, si ergo, fortibus es in ero.
		O novili, demis trux; indem arsem causen dux.