Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:16:54 -0800
From:      "Remington" <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        "'Paul ''" <smak_420@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Santa Cruz and 5.1..

Hmmmm, I have a SBLive 5.1 and and a 5.1 sound system. And from what ive
been reading getting all 5 speakers working is almost impossible in
Windows or FreeBSD. You can get 4 point sound working easy. 5.1 is
considered to be Dolby Digital and getting XMMS or any other player
working in 5.1 would be infringing on copyright laws. The company that
owns Dolby(5.1) doesn't allow it. I don't really know how to explain it,
but I hope this helps