Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:39:25 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Ron Croonenberg <ronc@lanl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBSRP and switches

On Feb 10, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Ron Croonenberg <ronc@lanl.gov> wrote:

> =46rom what I understand IBSRP is a point to point protocol and cannot =
be switched over an IB switch, correct? (and the presented devices =
cannot be see by initiators 'through' a switch.

At $work we use SRP over InfiniBand with lots of switches in the mix. =
Never had an issue.

> Is there a 'scsi protocol' that I can run over IB that can be =
switched?

Unfortunately, there isn't currently SRP support on FreeBSD. There is =
RDMA support, so it might be feasible to port the SRP code from Linux, =
but I haven't really looked in to it.

There's always iSCSI. FreeBSD 10.0 saw the addition of the kernel-based =
target and initiator (with some improvements since), but I don't think =
it takes advantage of RDMA or other acceleration techniques when used =
with InfiniBand. I'd love to be wrong. :)

JN