Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:25:57 -0700
From:      Christer Edwards <christer.edwards@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RUN_DEPENDS for python based port

--bcaec54ee1e02869ce04b4647c46

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru> wr=
ote:
> Chris and Matthew already noted what the problems are.
> I also suggest to use:
>
> ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}yaml>=3D0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-yaml

That is much cleaner. Thank you.

> So USE_PYTHON=3Dyes should be changed with USE_PYTHON=3D =C2=A0 =C2=A02.6=
-2.7, (otherwise
> port build will fail with python3) and LICENSE=3D ASL worth to be added.

Also added.

I've attached an archive including all the port files (distinfo,
pkg-plist, etc) for any other feedback you can offer. I still have two
remaining issues on my checklist that perhaps the group can provide
solutions for as well.

1) Building the port never successfully fetches the upstream .tar.gz,
but if I copy/paste the URL and run fetch manually it works just fine.
Thoughts?
2) The existing setup.py installs the two config files
(etc/salt/{master,minion}) to /usr/etc instead of /usr/local/etc. I'm
not familiar enough with setup.py to tweak that. Any suggestions
there?

If I can get those last few things figured out I'll submit the port.

Thanks,
Christer

--bcaec54ee1e02869ce04b4647c46--