Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:47:03 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Mahesh <mvanjan@wichita.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: target driver question

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 20:52:39 -0800, Mahesh wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I am working on the master's project and would like to do on Linux fiber
> channel target emulator.is there source code for this which I can work
> on ..or download site where I can test. please suggest as to how should
> I go in implementing this.

My guess is that your master's project is really just something that will
use a target emulator, and isn't about how to write one.

If so, you'll get something that works reasonably well out of the box with
FreeBSD.  Linux doesn't offer a whole lot in the way of target emulators.
Mark Terribile already pointed out the UNH stuff, which is probably most of
what is out there.  (The isp(4) driver for Linux does have a very minimal
target emulator that I think responds to INQUIRY and a few other things,
but that's really most of what it does.)

Although it'll depend on the specific goals of your project, using what is
already working in FreeBSD might allow you to concentrate on doing your
project rather than building the infrastructure for it.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org