Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:56:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      George Yobst <george@lincc.lib.or.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        George Yobst <george@lincc.lib.or.us>
Subject:   Simple ipfw config?

Hi all,

After reading the handbook and archived mail messages it's still not
clear if I can insert a simple firewall box (with 2 net cards) between
my router and hub AND keep the same ip numbers on a class C?  I'm only
currently using numbers 1-100. I'd like to keep this first stab at
filtering as simple as possible and not have to use Ipfilter or NAT.
Is this doable?  Pointers, config examples, comments, even flames,
appreciated. - George
George Yobst, System Manager              email: george@lincc.lib.or.us
LINCC                                     phone: 503-655-8550
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         fax: 503-655-8555
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654              webmaster: [www.]lincc.lib.or.us
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus