Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:05:22 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Markus Brueffer <markus@brueffer.de>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Missing HCI events

Markus,

sorry for the delay.

>>>I've finally found time to sit down and port the kde-bluetooth framework
>>>for FreeBSD. While there are a lot of similarities between the FreeBSD
>>>stack and bluez, I can't find equivalents to some HCI events.
>>
>>great! thanks for doing the work!
>
> It has been for too long on my TODO list :)
>
> In the meanwhile I have most of libkbluetooth compiling and noticed, that a
> libhci would be very helpful and could ease future user space
> developments/porting dramatically (I bet the GNOME guys will come up with a
> bluetooth framework sooner or later as well). How about incorporating such a
> lib in the basesystem along with libsdp and libbluetooth (similar to lib_hci
> of bluez)?

funny you should mention that. someone actually asked me about this a
while ago and even promised to start the work.

there was a short thread in freebsd-bluetooth

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-bluetooth/2005-September/000410.html

and i also have few email addressed directly to me. you might want to
contact this person and ask about the progress.

thanks,
max