Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:46:28 -0600
From:      keyser@clio.rice.edu (Kevin Keyser)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LinkSys EC2T on Sony VAIO

Hello,

I have a Sony VAIO laptop (PCG-F560, PIII/600, 128M) running
3.5.1-RELEASE with a LinkSys EC2T PCMCIA NIC.  I built ed0
and generic PCMCIA support into the kernel and the following
is the complete contents of /etc/pccard.conf:

# Linksys Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (model EC2T on box)
card "Linksys" "Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC2T)"
        config 0x1 "ed0" 10
        insert echo Linksys Ethernet inserted
        insert /etc/pccard_ether ed0
        remove echo Linksys Ethernet removed
        remove /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete

pccard_enable is set to YES in rc.conf and the ifconfig params
are in pccard_ether.  When inserted, the card is recognized,
assigned to the driver, and properly ifconfig'd.

Shortly thereafter, I get a couple of messages like this:

Mar 16 11:36:48 nodename /kernel: ed0: device timeout

and it will not pass any traffic to or from the network, though
the link light is lit.  The man page says it's probably an
IRQ conflict, but nothing else is using IRQ 10.  However,
after inserting the card, I notice that the output of "vmstat
-i" shows:

interrupt      total      rate
clk0 irq10     156289       99   <== clk0 changed from irq0 to irq10
rtc0 irq8      200047      127
fdc0 irq6           1        0
wdc0 irq14      32150       20
atkbd0 irq1      1430        0
sio0 irq4           4        0
Total          389921      249

The same thing happens if I put it on IRQ 5 (clk0 changes to
irq5).  I checked the mail list archives with no luck.  Any
help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Kevin