Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:07:31 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100+ driver or hardware? (Update)

>It is no doubt an oversight that this info is on the web site, seeing
>that the "errata" for the 8255x seem to be available under NDA only...
>And those errata make the difference between a reliable and an
>unreliable drivern (actually, I think the developers did have access to
>the errata; I see a workaround for at least one known issue with the
>82559 in the if_fxp.c source).
>
>Incidentally, the 3Com 3C905TX is actually worse in this respect than
>the Intel 100Pro.

   I did have access to an early copy of the errata, but it was a mistake that
I got it without an NDA. Fortunately the 82557/8/9 had relatively few problems
to begin with and the driver is very solid as a result.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.