Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:43:59 -0500
From:      "Mark Thornton" <mark@corridor.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem installing...

I am trying to install the the stable version of the OS and I continue to
get the message "can't CD to '4.0-STABLE'... on this server".

It is obvious that I don't get it, and the docs don't cover how to install
release vs. stable vs. current. I downloaded the floppies from the
4.0-STABLE version on releng4.freebsd.org, what else was I supposed to do?
Where are the concise docs on this procedure?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300