Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:33:47 -0700
From:      Joe Heuring <heyjoe@cts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   post installation: leaf node, nfs, ftp, ...

Just completed an ftp-install and am at the "User Confirmation Requested".

My goal for this box is to make it a hobby webserver at home that does cgi and database stuff.  Probably will not be an ftp server.  I want it to be lean and secure.

The first question asks if it will be a leaf node.  After searching the FreeBSD site and Google, I still can not say exactly what a leaf node is, let alone if I want it.

I know from previous installs that I'll be asked about NFS and the same applies.  Can anyone point to some good basic reading on these.

TIA