Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:30:04 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware crypto support

[ slashdot.org hat firmly on head, FU set to me ]

Does FreeBSD support hardware crypto?

There'll shortly be a story on /. about OpenBSD's hardware crypto support,
in the form of the HiFn 7751 chip.  OpenBSD recommend buying them from
www.powercrypt.com.

If you go there you'll see that FreeBSD support is listed, but there are
no details.

If FreeBSD's got support for this card (even if it's through third party
drivers) I'll recast the story so it's more of a "BSD supports hardware
crypto", rather than being solely OpenBSD.  But if OpenBSD have it first
they get the honours :-)

If you're using this (or any other) card for hardware crypto, can you drop
me a line?  If you can include real-world performance details as well that'd
be great.